Photo taken on Jun. 2nd, 2021.
Hello, I am Sanghoon Kim, currently working for Lunit Inc. as a Web front-end engineer.
My e-mail address is: seiker (AT) kaist.ac.kr
Here is my CV: CV_202205.pdf (last updated Apr. 2022)
Web Front-End Engineer, Lunit Inc.
- Aug. 2021 - Present
- Developing an annotation tool for pathologists to better-annotate cancer cells and tissues from large-scale slide images, thus improving cancer prediction quality of artificial intelligence models.
- Improved the rendering performance of the annotation tool up to 4.2x faster with optimizing Redux action dispatches and custom hooks (Blog article).
- Migrated the default bundler of the annotation tool from create-react-app to Vite.js, resulting in up to 2x faster production bundling performance (Blog article).
Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST)
- Sep. 2019 - Aug. 2021
- M.Sc. in Computer Science, advised by Prof. In-Young Ko
- Scholarship supported by Korean government with monthly stipend of at least KRW 800,000 (about $700)
- Total GPA 4.05 / 4.3
Ulsan National Institute of Science and Technology (UNIST)
- Mar. 2015 - Aug. 2019
- B.Sc. magna cum laude in Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Majored in Computer Science and Engineering, and minored in Management Engineering
- Total GPA 3.78 / 4.3, Major GPA 3.99 / 4.3
- C. Lee, S. Park, H. Song, J. U. Ryu, S. Kim, H. Kim, S. Pereira, and D. Yoo, "Interactive Multi-Class Tiny-Object Detection," CVPR '22.
- S. Kim and I.-Y. Ko, "A Conversational Approach for Modifying Service Mashups in IoT Environments," CHI '22.
- C. Lee, S. Kim, D. Han, H. Yang, Y. Park, B. C. Kwon and S. Ko, "GUIComp: Design and Evaluation of Mobile GUI Design Assistant with Real-Time, Multi-Faceted Feedback," CHI '20.
- K.D. Baek, S. Kim, and I.-Y. Ko, "Development of Platform-independent IoT Service Framework for Solving Heterogeneity Problem (이종성 문제 해결을 위한 플랫폼 독립적인 IoT 서비스 프레임워크)," KSC2020.
- S. Kim and I.-Y. Ko, "Conversational Services Composition Model to Support End-User Services Composition in IoT Environments (IoT 환경에서 최종 사용자 서비스 조합을 지원하기 위한 대화형 서비스 조합 모델)," KCC2020 [Best Paper Award].
- S. Kim and I.-Y. Ko, "Precondition and Goal State Assertion for Improving the Reliability of Trigger-Action Based Service Mashup (트리거-액션 기반 서비스 매쉬업의 신뢰도를 개선하기 위한 전제 상태 및 목표 상태 검증 방법)," KCSE 2020 Short.
- S. Kim and I.-Y. Ko, "A User-Centric Conversational Service Mashup Model and Engine (사용자 중심의 대화형 IoT 서비스 매쉬업 모델과 엔진)," Journal of KIISE, 48(5), pp. 584-594, May 2021.
- K. Kim, S. Kim, C. Lee and S. Ko, Poster: Modeling Exploration/Exploitation Decisions through Mobile Sensing for Understanding Mechanisms of Addiction, MobiSys '19 Poster
- Y. Han, C. Lee, S. Kim and S. Ko, Poster: System Architecture for Progressive Augmented Reality, MobiSys '19 Poster
Internship at iVADER Lab., UNIST (Advisor: Prof. Sungahn Ko)
- Jan. 2018 - May 2019
- Participated in a project which helps developers to design and prototype mobile application in iterative process.
- Participated in a project which aims to help user's decision among multiple coordinated charts and visualizations.
Internship at NECSST Lab., UNIST (Advisor: Prof. Sam H. Noh)
- Sep. 2016 - Aug. 2017
- Studied briefly about Linux kernel, distributed computer & storage systems, and flash memory & FTL (Flash Translation Layer).
Open Source Software Contributions
The project has been moved to osd-react-renderer.
- Fix a bug where changing the url of a tiledImage caused a crash (#151)
- Added support for custom tileSource (#148)
- Fix min / max zoom level is not applied (#147)
- PACM IMWUT 2021 (UbiComp 2021)
Teaching Assistant, Data Structure (CS206), KAIST.
- 2020 Spring semester (Mar. 2020 - Jun. 2020) [Best TA Award]
Teaching Assistant, Introduction to Services Computing (CS459), KAIST.
- 2019 Fall semester (Sep. 2019 - Dec. 2019)
- 2020 Fall semester (Sep. 2020 - Dec. 2020) [Best TA Award]
International Exchange Student to HKUST, Hong Kong.
- 2018 Summer semester (Jun. 2018 - Aug. 2018)
Domestic Exchange Student to SNU, South Korea.
- 2016 Summer semester (Jun. 2016 - Aug. 2016)
- 2016 Winter semester (Dec. 2016 - Feb. 2017)
Gary Marsden Travel Awards (GMTA) 2022
- Awarded $2,655 of travel support by the ACM SIGCHI for the CHI '22 participation.
Academic Performance Scholarship from Mar. 2015 to Aug. 2019
- Full-tuition scholarship with monthly stipend of KRW 160,000 (about $160).
Dean's List for three times, UNIST
- GPA from 2017 Spring: 3.92 / 4.3
- GPA from 2018 Spring: 4.10 / 4.3
- GPA from 2018 Fall: 4.05 / 4.3
Excellence Award in UNIST×NAVER D2SF×LikeLion Hackathon
- Nov. 23rd, 2018 - Nov. 24th, 2018
- Awarded by LikeLion foundation with KRW 1,000,000 (about $1,000) in prize.
Excellence Award in 2017 Korea Supercomputing Challenge
- Jul. 27th, 2017 - Jul. 28th, 2017
- Awarded by the president of KSCSE (Korean Society for Computational Science and Engineering).